Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

14:00

Attendees

Goals

Outstanding Task List

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
Michael Hume2021-10-01 - Safety Committee Meeting
  • Michael Hume Review and clarify nanoFAB staff response (action plan) to a toxic gas event
Michael Hume2021-06-18 - Safety Committee Meeting
  • Melissa Hawrelechko schedule a time / date / scenario for a table top emergency drill sometime in January 2021
Melissa Hawrelechko2020-11-19 - Safety Committee Meeting
  • Michael Hume  will work with EHS and nanoFAB team to complete 2020 lab inspections
Michael Hume2020-05-28 - Safety Committee Meeting
  • Aaron Hryciw  Update the CEE Spinner SOP to don gloves over current pair before using the spinner and then remove them right after using the spinner. 
Aaron Hryciw2020-03-11 - Safety Committee Meeting

Agenda

TimeItemWhoNotes

Review Previous Meeting Minutes

2020-03-11 - Safety Committee Meeting

  • Changes / modifications?
  • Accept minutes.

Review outstanding task list

Lab Inspections
  • Annual Lab inspections are due. They were originally postponed due to C19 
    • L2-121
    • L1-113
    • W1-060
    • W1-010 (no longer ours)
  • Michael Hume  will work with EHS and nanoFAB team to complete 2020 lab inspections

Safety Concerns

Concern raised by a User  about x-rays in the deposition system. Aaron Hryciw has started a thread on the LabNetwork forum to seek advice. 


Covid-19 Status update

As we begin to open up to more users, what considerations do we need to make regarding policy / procedures in the centre:

Where are we taking our direction from? There was a webinar that spun out of the Labnetwork - webinar and slide deck available here:

Bottleneck in Gowning?

  • Do we need to have the 2 person restriction in gowning if users don mask / gloves prior to entering 
    • Can we up the allowed number to 4 people?
  • Doors are major touch points? How often should this be wiped down?
  • Additional hand sanitizer outside the gowning door

Additional Cleaning

  • Maintain current additional cleaning

Space Occupancy

  • Do we put a hard number of people in each space?

Recommendations: 

  1. Move masks to outside gowning, users don masks immediately before entering and up the limit to 4. Immediately sanitize hands and don gloves before entering
    1. Update COVID-19 Information page to indicate new changes to gowning protocols
  2. Specify occupancy limits for the spaces

Emergency Drill Recap
  • Emergency drill did not take place due to the onset of Covid-19
  • New date set for  

Committee Terms
  • Most members of the current nanoFAB Safety Committee have been sitting since 2016. Our Terms of Reference indicate appointment / election should be on an annual basis. 
  • Time to re-appoint / elect new committee members.
  • We need representation from each of the functional groups. 
    • Melissa Hawrelechko  expressed a desire to remain involved as a member of the committee
    • We will request volunteers at nanoFAB team update   and then appoint members (wheel) if positions are not filled

Set Next Meeting Date

 


Meeting Adjournment11:22 a.m.

Action item

  •  Selection of the new safety committee -  - volunteer cut off date.  - wheel selection (done by current safety committee)