This how-to describes the process for signing out precious metals for use in the 10k area deposition systems. The lockers are configured as follows:
|Target / Crucible (LMACS tool name)||For use in|
|Locker #1||Au sputtering target|
|Locker #2||Pt sputtering target|
|Locker #3||PVD-75 Au crucible||Electron-Beam Evaporation System #2 (PVD-75)|
|Gomez Au crucible||Electron-Beam Evaporation System #1 (Gomez)|
|Locker #5||Achilles Au crucible||GLAD System (Achilles)|
A $300 deposit is charged once you sign out one of the precious metal targets or crucibles. This deposit will be removed, and the actual charge—based on the submitted precious metal usage sheet—will be added within 7 days of your usage.
- Login to the desired piece of deposition equipment.
- Take a copy of the appropriate precious metal usage sheet from the hanging folder next to the lockers.
- Sign out the precious metal target or crucible locker by logging into the appropriate "tool" on LMACS.
- This will pop open the locker containing the material.
- Retrieve the material from the locker.
- Leave the door open.
- Once you have completed your process, log out of both the precious metal and the piece of deposition equipment.
- Return the material to the appropriate locker and close the door.
- Fill out the precious metal usage sheet and drop it off at Melissa's office.