LMACS doesn't include native support for viewing booking events in a calendar form; however, you can create a custom calendar feed for your LMACS bookings. Creating a custom calendar feed can be useful if you wish to aggregate booking information for a particular user, group of tools or project. By using a custom URL you can generate a specific ICS feed that you can subscribe to in any standard calendar application. This guide describes the procedure to create & subscribe to custom calendar views.
The following parameters can be used together to form a unique URL to generate a calendar feed which will contain all reservations that match the parameters. For each parameters, you can select multiple items by using a comma separated list.
|user_id||Used to select a user or multiple users.||calendars/?user_id=2717 - Generates a calendar with all bookings for a single user|
calendars/?user_id=5633,6355,7832,4335 - Generates a calendar with all of bookings for users with the listed id’s.
|tool_id||Used to select a tool or group of tools.||calendars/?tool_id=125,340,299 - Generates a calendar with all bookings for a specific set of tools.|
|project_id||Used to select a project or list of projects.||calendars/?project_id=355 - Generates a calendar with all bookings for a specific project.|
|request_id||Used to select a request or list of requests.||calendars/?request_id=355 - Generates a calendar with all bookings for a specific request.|
|location_id||Used to select a location or locations.||calendars/?location_id=1 - Generates a calendar with all of bookings for location with id = 1.|
Subscribing to a Calendar Feed
- Create a custom URL using the parameters above. Add the selected parameters to the calendar base URL (found in the booking pages - example: https://admin.nanofab.ualberta.ca ).
- You can now subscribe to the feed using your favourite Calendar application.
- Beside Other Calendars, click the little down arrow and select Add by URL
- Copy and Paste desired url and click Add Calendar.
- Select File -> New Calendar Subscription
- Copy and Paste the url above and click Subscribe.
- In the calendar pane, right click Other Calendars and select Add Calendar -> From Internet
- Copy and Paste the url above and click Ok.