|Nitride standard||Nitride historical||Oxide standard|
|Deposition rate (nm/min)||45.6||30.7||-|
|Mean thickness (nm)||198.25||215.15||-|
|Thickness uniformity (SUP%)||±3.9%||±5.5%||-|
|Film stress (MPa)||-|
*Qualification performed due to installation of new NH3 bottle. No SiO2 qualification was done.
**Nitride Historical uniformity affected by ~4 points where the the wafer pieces were in contact with the edges of the wafer.
Deposit nominal ~200 nm of standard silicon nitride, historical silicon nitride, and
standard silicon dioxide recipes on PECVD (Trion). Measure film stress, optical constants, thickness map.
- Standard piranha clean of 3 100 mm Si prime wafers
- Pre-deposition wafer bow baseline measurement
- Nitride conditioning: 1200 s of "nitride cond"
- Historical nitride deposition on wafer 2: 420 s of "nitride historical"
- Nitride conditioning: 300s
- Standard nitride deposition on wafer 1: 260 s of "nitride standard"
Oxide conditioning: XXX s of "oxide standard" Standard oxide deposition on wafer 3: 140 s of "oxide standard"
- Film thickness mapping
- Post-deposition stress measurement
Tool: VASE Ellipsometer
Tool: Filmetrics F50
Oxide: recipe "SiO2 on Si", 115 pts, 5 mm edge exclusion, fitting λ = 400–1000 nm
- Nitride: recipe "Si3N4 on Si", 115 pts, 5 mm edge exclusion, fitting λ = 400–1000 nm
Film stress measurement
Tool: Thin Film Stress Measurement (FLX 2320S).